Helix GitSwarm based on GitLab
Native Git workflow, collaborate easier, narrow cloning and secure
Based on GitLab, Helix GitSwarm gives developers the pure Git-based workflow they love while making projects easier to manage. Use GitSwarm for what it does best—pushing your code, reviewing, commenting, and tracking issues. Automatic mirroring connects all your team’s work with Helix Enterprise and allows developers loving Git to meet enterprise needs. Your team’s work is automatically synchronized to the Helix mainline repository for improved DevOps efficiency and security.
Native Git - Enjoy all the power and flexibility of Git without compromise.
Completely disconnected DVCS workflow
Connect with any Git client, use any extensions you like
In-place branches, stashing, rebasing and other advanced features
Push your code to share and collaborate when ready
Repo Admin - GitSwarm’s intuitive, web-based UI lets users quickly manage projects and people.
Create new projects and control their visibility:
– Private projects require granting explicit access
– Internal projects can be cloned by anyone who’s logged in
– Public projects can be cloned by everyone
Assign members to projects directly
Assign projects to groups
Secure IP - Git by itself leaves security up to the file system. GitSwarm has you covered.
Project security roles for owner, master, developer, reporter and guest
Protect a particular branch by limiting access:
– Prevent pushes from everyone except masters
– Prevent anyone from forcing a push
– Prevent anyone from deleting
Enterprise-Ready - GitSwarm is enterprise ready out of the box. Better security through fine-grained access control
- Installs easily behind your firewall
Offers powerful web hooks to automate the production pipeline
- Easy to backup and restore for disaster recovery
- Supports centralized authentication via LDAP
Helix Integration - GitSwarm automatically mirrors work into Helix.
Better security through fine-grained access control
Cross-repo tracking and visibility
End Git bloat and sprawl once and for all:
– Slice and dice big repos and pull only what you need
– Compose smaller repos into a single source of truth
– Handle big files easily
Lock files that can’t easily be merged
An ideal system for powering continuous delivery